Friday, September 23, 2011

Heading to Reproductive Endocrinology...


This past Wednesday, I had an appointment with my amazing GYN doctor, named Dr. Jane Limmer at Duke Hospital. It was just my normal three month follow-up for my endometriosis. Dr. Limmer is the BEST and most caring doctor I have EVER HAD…she calls to just to check-up on me! Anyways…since I have C.A.H. and Endo she wants me to go to Duke Fertility Center and see a highly specialized doctor in “Reproductive Endocrinology”. They can really focus on the C.A.H. and Endo as whole and not two separate issues!         

It is going to be great to have a fresh new perspective on these two issues as well to see what the reproductive endocrinologist will have to say about the next steps in the treatment of the endo as well as maintaining the C.A.H. In view of the fact that I have not had great reactions to the birth controls or the Lupron Depot shot! As well, that I have already have had two surgeries for the endo; April 15th, 2010 and February 4th, 2011. The pain along with other symptoms, are already starting to come back given that I am not able to take the medicine that can suppress the endo…My appointment with the reproductive endocrinologist is October 13th. So here’s to new ideas and perspective! And the great thing is that I still get to see Dr. Limmer! J

Love.Hope.Prayers.
Sarah

2 comments: