Wednesday, September 21, 2011

More Test with the GI Doctor...


Yesterday, I actually had a pretty good appointment with my GI doctor from Duke. He was not thrilled to see how I lost so much weight since I last saw him. Just this week I have lost 4 pounds! So here is the update. He wants to do another CAT-scan with contrast; since the last one has been a few months and that when he was feeling my stomach/abdomen it was hard as a “rock”! It’s not like I have been doing really any abnormal exercises to make them “rock hard”…hehe! J The scan will be done next Thursday, September 29th. Also, what we can see on the scan since he is doing my abdomen & pelvis is if any large endometriosis cyst are present…which I have been having endo pain again! L Then, he wants to do the colonoscopy and the Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), where he will inject the Botox into the pyloric sphincter. These procedures are going to be done at the same time and have to be done in the hospital so very unfortunately, the earliest was Thursday, October, 20th! As it stands, if the Botox doesn’t work and/or I do not do well with it…the next step with be them putting a Jejunostomy (J-tube) feeding tube /percutaneous endoscopic jejunostomy (PEJ) this one would be used for draining my stomach, due to the intensity of my nausea, as well that I throw-up! So I could have an onboard “pluming system” to help me get my nutrition…hehe 
                The liquid Phenergan, which I am now taking, is just BRILLANT!!! Also, my acupuncturist started me on this great product from Gentle Warriors called “Grow and Thrive” it is a liquid formula designed for pediatrics to help weak digestion, poor appetite, and low resistance. 
FU N C T I O N S
A nutritive tonic that fosters robust growth by
Strengthening the Spleen and Kidney (the sources of
post-natal and pre-natal Qi) and promoting the adequate
assimilation and smooth passage of food and fluid
through the Stomach and Intestines
 IN D I C AT I O N S
Poor appetite, aversion to food or a limited eating
capacity • Indigestion with belching, bloating, colic
(cramping or gas pain), constipation, or diarrhea • Aides
in reducing food poisoning or food sensitivity reactions
• Indigestion, nausea, or loss of appetite accompanied by
slight fever or chills following exposure to windy, humid,
cold or hot weather
 CO N T R A I N D I C AT I O N S
Vomiting • Watery or explosive diarrhea • Dysentery or
food poisoning with high fever  • Suspected bowel
obstruction or appendicitis

These are all the Chinese herbs that Grow and Thrive has in it:  
ü  hyacinth bean (bai bian dou)
ü  Chinese yam rhizome
ü  (shan yao)
ü  lycium fruit (gou qi zi)
ü  poria (fu ling)
ü  Job’s tears seed (yi yi ren)
ü  lotus seed (lian zi)
ü  euryale seed (qian shi)
ü  roasted Chinese hawthorn fruit
ü  (shan zha tan) 
ü  platycodon root (jie geng)
ü  tangerine dried rind of mature
ü  fruit (chen pi)
ü  radish seed (lai fu zi)
ü  phragmites rhizome (lu gen)
ü  fennel fruit (xiao hui xiang)
ü  magnolia bark (hou po)
ü  fried kudzu root (chao ge gen) 
Check out this herb solution as well as the other ones that they have for digestion it could really help you out with your journey! As always hang in there and no matter what you are going through look to God, your friends and family! YOU CAN AND WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!! 

Love.Hope.Prayers.
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment